NATURAL HOME REMEDIES FOR ACIDITY
Having too much acid in your body can cause you to feel generally not as well as you could, make you more susceptible to illness and cause ailments like irritable bowel syndrome and acid reflux.
While it’s important to have some acid in your body, you can get rid of too much acid by eating more alkalizing foods to help neutralize the pH in your body. Keeping your pH around 7.35 and 7.45 keeps you primed for optimum health, and simply changing your diet to include more alkaline foods can help get you there.
1) Start each morning off with fruit to help balance the acid in your body. Even fruits that seem acidic, like citrus fruits, lemons, oranges and grapefruits, have alkalizing properties once consumed and digested. Other good fruit choices include cherries, avocados, berries and watermelon.
2) Choose leafy green vegetables for lunch. Studies published in a 2008 Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition found that a diet rich in green vegetables helped to alkalize the body, neutralize acids and result in a decreased chance of osteoporosis. Brightly colored vegetables like carrots, beets, peppers and sweet potatoes are all highly alkalizing and can restore the pH balance in your body and blood to result in less acid in the body.
3) Avoid eating meat with your dinner. While in many homes meals center around some kind of meat, animal products introduce acid into your body, especially beef and pork products. If you feel like you need an extra boost in your protein level around dinner, try tofu, textured vegetable protein or soy products as a healthy and low-acid substitution.
- Alkalize your body (relaxlivetrain.wordpress.com)
- Joe Cross, Juicing & Joe Cross Juice (williams-sonoma.com)
- The Ultimate Staples for Healthy Eating (belmarrahealth.com)
- Juice Cleanse, Juicing Recipes & Juicing Ideas (williams-sonoma.com)
- Alkaline diet: What you need to know about this wonder diet (voxxi.com)
- Drinking Your Fruit – What is Most Popular? (belmarrahealth.com)
- Food Science Researchers Find Acidic Electrolyzed Water to be a Green Chemical-free Cleaner Removing Pesticides from Fruits and Vegetables and Killing Bacteria Naturally (prweb.com)
- Wear Proper Protection (myshakybodhi.wordpress.com)
- What is Ascorbic Acid? (projecteatme.wordpress.com)
- Home remedies for acne(acnebesttreatments.info)